Hi everyone, it’s been awhile and I apologize for the delay in posts but I’m happy to announce that the 7th edition of our book has been picked up for a 2nd pressing! Now get ready for some tricky coincidental math (7 x 2) but this means that we have sold almost 14k copies so far and I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for your support.
This new updated 2nd pressing includes updates to:
- Jeff’s bio (it keeps changing!)
- Eric Meyer’s corrected foreword
- Listing 1-1 thanks to Cass Witkoswki
- (X)HTML character codes location thanks to Randy Schroder
Unfortunately the publishing company rejected the following proposed updates:
- A popup image of Ed Tittel’s head next to his bio
- More “Back to the Future” references from Jeff
- An apology letter from Microsoft about IE6 still being around
- A new scratch and sniff hex color code chart
- A thicker Power Team proof cover
Thanks again to everyone, we would love to hear your thoughts. If there is something you like, dislike, or think we should add please leave us a comment below.
P.S. I promise more posts before any potential 3rd pressing!
It's called a "second printing" or "second print run," not a "second pressing." The word "pressing" might apply to laundry (pressing of the ironing variety) or to old-fashioned vinyl records (pressing vinyl biscuits into actual LPs), but when it comes to books, it's a "second printing." Honestly, these all digital guys–like Jeff–have trouble dealing with physical technology terms. Good thing I'm more than old enough to know the difference!
Pingback: The Joys and Sorrows of The Reprint Process – dummieshtml.com